UI / REACT DEVELOPER
Mafic is an early stage, post-revenue construction tech start-up that has recently completed a successful seed round. Our cutting-edge technology platform, Safeguard, automatically captures activity and location data from people, plant and materials, and presents our clients with actionable information that transform how productivity, profitability and safety can be managed on construction sites.
Data is captured by our bespoke hardware – small enough to be wearable and cheap enough to be used at large scale – and Safeguard’s machine learning models are trained to recognise specific activities to a high level of detail
Construction technology is a rapidly growing industry that has historically seen very low productivity growth and low adoption of digital solutions. The trend towards digitisation has been accelerating over the last decade, and with top construction companies now recognising the need to use technology to remain competitive, there are high levels of investment in the industry.
Our vision is of a solution that can capture detailed low-level information that can integrate with the digital ecosystem and BIM: capturing an accurate picture of costs and progress and creating a source of information that can be used to better plan and forecast the remainder of the project as well as future projects. Safeguard’s potential is enormous, and we are looking for people who are excited by the challenges of high-pace, high-growth environments.
As part of a startup, the culture is very much ‘All hands to the deck’ so please expect your role to be much more varied than this. We encourage people to explore new technologies and skills to the company.
- Responsible for designing, testing, developing and deploying internal and client facing user interfaces for manging our product and displaying the output data
- Designing and Maintaining the build pipeline associated with each of these products
- Collaboratively design the user interfaces required
- Interface with client to understand changes, modifications and improvements to the UX.
Technical Skillsets – Required
- Excellent with Front End JS based frameworks – preference is React.js
- Charting Library experience – chart.js, d3.js or other
- Experience with AWS Cloud – EC2, S3, API gateway, Firehose, DataLake, Cognito
- Comfortable with project management and version control tools such as Git, Jira
- Experience working with BI Tools and carrying out complex data analysis
- Product Management, Product Development and tech team management Experience
- Proficient with SQL
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to design an optimised UX and UI taking into account feedback from users
- Experience with responsive web design and optimising webapps to minimise rendering time
Other Technical Skills that may be useful
- Native app development – IOS / Android
- Python Datascience toolsets – Pandas / Numpy
- ML & AI – Tensorflow, Keras
- BIM – Building Information Modelling
- Any spacial computing experience or 3D graphics experience
- Power BI
- Strong Data Analysis Understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Remote working (including international)The rest of the team is based in London, Guildford and other UK locations.
- Remuneration will start with a contracting day-rate. If the company / candidate fit is good then there will be an opportunity to join as a full time member of staff which includes a competitive salary of £35-45k, pension and options package. This permanent hire would be part of the first 10 individuals through the door including the founders and so presents an amazing opportunity to earn options which could prove extremely valuable as well as shape and steer the strategy of the company whilst exposing yourself to the exciting start-up world.
If you are interested in being a part of Mafic please send your CV to us along with links to your portfolio work we can take a look at. If we like what we see we will be in touch. And also, if we are not quite the right fit we will also be in touch with feedback. Finding a job is hard, we would love to be able to make this process as easy as possible.